Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Before And Now

When I first started on my weight loss journey I took some before photos. I love to look back on these photos and see how far I've come. Every so often I like to more photos to see my progress. I then compare side by side with the old photos. It's fun to see!

I took some photos about 3 weeks ago but it takes me a while to actually post the pictures. After hitting my goal weight back in 2012, I started marathon training. I stopped weight training and started eating more carbs to fuel for the running. I am one who actually gains weight in marathon training. It's quite depressing but it is what it is. After doing a lot of research and learning, I've stopped eating a ton of carbs, still some carbs, but not nearly as much as I was! I've been back and forth about wanting to drop another 10lbs. I've obsessed over the scale and that's only made things more stressful. With our big move, I haven't weighed myself once in at least a month. I'm really trying to break the habit of weighing in daily. I like to gauge my progress or fitness by what I do and feel rather than what the scale says. I'm not quite where I want to be, I have some tightening and toning I want to do. But I'm once again back on track with eating and exercise. I'm motivated to finally hit my new goals and maintain.

Fitness feels like a vicious cycle. It's a "if you don't use it you lose it" type of thing. So because I would only run crazy mileage and never do any weight training, my body has lost some muscle. I've been doing a lot more weight training this year and already seeing a lot of progress but I know I can do better. I just want to feel good in my own skin and to be able to comfortable in clothes. I know I have some mental obstacles to get over because I still think of myself when I weighed 175lbs and not 125lbs.

I think I'm in a place, like literally my house, where I actually have space that I can get up early to do more while my kids are sleeping and when it's not so stinken hot. 

Anyway, kind of got long winded, I do that a lot! Here is a fun comparison photo comparing my very first photo I took before losing any weight and then about a 3 weeks ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment