Sunday, October 5, 2014

Quick Update

This week was a long one for me. My husband worked long hours which left me home without mch of a break. I still ran Tuesday-Thursday and did my morning yoga. Some times it's hard to go slow and rebuild but I took time off so it's a must right now. I definitely felt better than the week before. I love having a scary goal to work towards. Glad I'm over marathons really. 

Speaking of marathons, yesterday was the St George Marathon. It was my first marathon I ever ran. I was signed up to run it but backed out due to burn out. I prepared myself and was waiting for the guilt and negative self talk to play in but honestly I felt great. I have new and more exciting things to look forward to and that helped me stay positive this weekend. 

I had a great run yesterday. I wanted 12 miles but ran out of water so I stopped at 11.5. I thought I had only climbed 800-900ft but ended up with 1550!! I felt so strong and like I was flying!! It was the best feeling ever! I love my weekend trail runs!

This week is my birthday week. The week I decided to change my life three short years ago. I have accomplished so much in these three years and so proud of myself. I have gotten down on myself a lot because I haven't qualified for Boston yet, but I'm slowly letting myself be ok with that. I am in a good place right now and so grateful for that. 

Well kind of short on words tonight. I'll post a longer one next week in celebration for my birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment