Tuesday, September 30, 2014

New Hope, New Motivation

With the cooler mornings we finally are having, I'm getting more and more excited about life in general. Summer months are depressing for me. No desire to do anything really. Which then causes me to not eat well or exercise well. I always gain some weight and feel crappy about myself, but I'm realizing this year that it's the weather and not something inside me that's whacked out, well, it could be that too ;) 

In 10 days I celebrate not only my birthday, but also my anniversary since starting to exercise and take control of my health. It's exciting to look back on the last 3 years and see all that I have accomplished. It's been an amazing journey to say the least. 

With my birthday coming up and some hard trials I've faced lately I've decided that I do better when I have some sort of competition on the horizon to train for. So, with that being said, I have picked out my next endeavor but wish to keep it a secret until it's completed. I've realized that for me, when I talk about a goal, it lessons the value of it to me. I'm super excited for this journey and actually will be adding a few new things to my training plan. 

One of those things is yoga. I took my first real yoga class this past Friday and what a humbling experience it was. I cannot stop thinking about it. I am the least flexible and balanced person out there and being in this class was completely out of my comfort zone. It was humiliating and embarrassing but I loved it because of that. I'm realizing that I love a good challenge, wait, I already said that, huh? If I try something and I fail miserably at it, I then focus all my attention to that and push myself to become better. I like this about me. (I wish somehow I could use this determination and figure out how to apply it to my home with my chores....yikes!) I think this is why I got burnt out of running marathons. Especially after my marathon last October. It was my best race and I felt completely satisfied with myself, so why run anymore? I'm enjoying the break from marathon training, that's for sure! Anyways, yoga. Yoga is hard and it hurts like crazy (again because I have ZERO flexibility) but I'm very excited about my journey with it and to watch myself improve and become more at peace with my life (something I really love about the yoga lifestyle.) 

I plan to update this blog weekly so if you'd like to follow my journey feel free to follow the blog. I don't want to post on Facebook every single time I update here but I will be keeping this up to date. I want to be able to look back and see where I stared and feel myself go through the journey again (I do that with my old blog a lot. I read old posts from when I first started running, it's very humbling.)

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm very excited about this new chapter in my life and can't wait to see where I go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment