Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Love Seeing Progress

After taking nearly 3 months off from running consistently, jumping back into marathon training has been difficult. Especially because I'm pushing both my kids in the double stroller. Last week was great. I felt good, I was exhausted, but I still felt good to be back in marathon training mode. This morning I was dreading my run. I didn't want to push the stroller and I knew it was going to be hot. Well, I quickly remembered my goals and woke up the girls at 6:45am and was out the door running at 7:15am. The first mile sucked. But when doesn't it? I just kept telling myself to relax and even if the whole 4 miles hurt, at least I was out getting my miles in. First mile was 10:58. Much slower than my normal, but about where I was running last week with the stroller. I kept pushing and during mile 2 I started to feel really good. Mile 2 was 10:27. Alright, that felt good! I focused more on form and making sure I was relaxed. Mile 3 was 10:04. Whoohoo! I haven't seen a mile split that "fast" for a while. (A side note: I've set my watch to only show distance and time, I cannot see current pace...I love it. I run more off how I feel rather than trying to push it.) By mile 3 I was feeling fresh and my legs felt great. I didn't think I started pushing myself harder, but apparently I did. Mile 4 was 9:36! I wasn't even huffing and puffing! I was relaxed and focusing on proper form. I didn't feel like I was exhausted or running out of steam by the last mile. I actually felt like I had another couple miles in me. Felt awesome! Overall, I had an average pace of 10:15 for 4 miles. Pretty awesome considering my 4 mile run last week was a struggle and a 11:15 pace. Take away the paces though, I just felt a whole lot stronger today and I loved it! Very excited to see more progress over the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment