Monday, May 5, 2014

Week of April 28-March 4

My goal for last week was to go with the flow and to workout whenever I thought I should. That led to runs in the middle of the hot afternoon, but I didn't care. I have been struggling to get out the door lately. I have demons in my head telling me to be careful not to do too much, I could get injured. (Talked about this in a previous post) but after realizing, I have never gotten injured because of doing too much, I did what I wanted this week and it felt amazing.

I finished the week of with 54 miles on the bike and 9 miles running. While it was a recovery or lighter week, due to the previous 3 weeks being hard, I'm still pleased with having mileage to report. Typically on a recovery week, I do nothing. And then that leads to more weeks of nothing. So it was good. Despite the fact that my running mileage bites, at least it's something. I had planned to run 10 miles on Sunday, but due to personal reasons, I chose not to run. (Long story)

These next 3 weeks are going to be hard. Not even considering the temp increase! I am now under 10 weeks away from STP and still very intimidated. Which is probably a good thing, just means I have a lot of work to do!

Monday I plan to run 10 miles with the kids and attend Bootcamp, Tuesday I will run 5 or 6 miles and do some weight lifting, Wednesday will be a rest day from running but hill work on my bike plus Bootcamp, Thursday will be a brick workout. I want 30 miles on the bike and 3 or 4 miles running, maybe 5 miles. Friday will be an off day, Saturday will be 80 miles on the bike and depending how I feel, Sunday, I will run 10 miles. I should be riding back to back days but I need running in my life again. It keeps me sane. Maybe I can do my brick workout on Friday instead of Thursday and just run Thursday. I have a few days to figure it out.

I'm enjoying writing this all out. It gets it out of my head, which makes room for other things to think about haha

Happy training everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment