Sunday, May 11, 2014

Week of May 5-11

What a week. Finished out the week with 85 miles on the bike and 19 miles running.

Bad news this week. With our big move coming up, and several other reasons, I unfortunately have to drop out of my bike race I've been training for. It was a really hard decision, but after talking it over with my husband, it's the best choice for us right now. I do hope to do it next year, just still a bummer right now.

Training this week was great. I learned a lot about my body. Well, I should say re-learned some things I already knew about myself. I crave intensity in my workouts. I gain so much from hard workouts. My brick workout on Thursday was one of those workouts. 30 mile bike ride followed by 6 miles running. Not only did I set a PR for pace on the bike and distance on the run for a brick workout, but I had 2 hard days before this workout. Wednesday I did some hill repeats on my bike. Almost to puking point. It felt great. Tuesday, I finally pushed fear aside and ran 10 miles. I've been nervous about running long distance because of how much time I've taken off. It felt great! It was slower paced, but I truly enjoyed getting out again. After my marathon in February I decided to take time off. I needed a break and time away from running and to remember why I love it. Well, good news is, I've found my passion again and can't wait to start training. I found out tomorrow if I've won the lottery for the St George Marathon, my favorite race. I'm ready to work hard to get closer to my ultimate finish time. Even though this race is the toughest to train for....Arizona summers are ridiculous, I've done it twice before so it's time to whip it into high gear and leave everything on the table. No regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment